EMA lightning indirect effects consultants provide services in all aspects of indirect effects lightning certification. EMA has extensive experience in lightning indirect effects certification and is ready to provide solutions to achieve FAA-style lightning certification.
Our comprehensive offering includes:
- Design support in the early program phases
- Estimating of actual transient levels (ATLs) during early design
- Indirect effects simulation for certification support
- Validation efforts for regulatory acceptance
- Indirect effects test planning, execution and reporting
- Certification support and DER services
- Lightning hazard assessment support
- On-site support for your design team
- Training and capability transfer for your internal team
EMA developed a computational framework to accurately model lightning indirect effects. EMA has demonstrated success in achieving certification through simulation of transient control levels at such a high degree of accuracy that testing was deemed unnecessary.
The EMA indirect effects approach has documented cost savings compared to the alternative test program. This approach is allowed as a method of compliance in SAE ARP5413 and SAE ARP5415.
Even in cases in which a low-level test is desired, simulation can allow for determination of TCLs early in the design cycle so that mitigation features can be incorporated early in the design phase of the aircraft.
EMA3D version 5 includes features that no other EM software package has: the ability to perform a co-simulation with a transmission line solver with a special lightning component that has demonstrated compelling accuracy in determining internal pin TCLs.
Read the business case to see how this effort can save real money.
Put the EMA lightning indirect effects certification services team to work for you to resolve lightning indirect effects problems before they become costly.