Ansys EMC Plus
Ansys EMC Plus (formerly EMA3D® Cable)
Ansys EMC Plus (formerly EMA3D® Cable) is a 3D Finite-Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) solver with an integrated multi-conductor transmission line solver. The two electromagnetic solvers co-simulate to allow for a complex cable harness to be accurately modeled inside complex geometry, such as an electronic device, a piece of machinery, an automobile or an aircraft. Ansys EMC Plus has been validated on several high-profile aerospace platforms and the results were published at major conferences.
Ansys EMC Plus has an advanced CAD preprocessor and GUI engine. The user never has to leave the environment for CAD development, property assignment or post processing. Meshing in Ansys EMC Plus is fast and never fails, even with imperfections in the CAD geometry. Ansys EMC Plus allows the user to quickly define the contents of the cable with a few clicks of the mouse. The simulation workflows are easy to learn and intuitive to the user. These combined features greatly reduce the analyst time to develop and simulate Ansys EMC Plus models.
Ansys EMC Plus is well-suited for simulations addressing electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF), and lightning requirements early in the program before physical prototypes are complete. Users can specify realistic system signals as a source on cables or shields. The source may also be at the platform or environment level.
Using Ansys EMC Plus, customers can analyze:
- Radiated coupling to cables
- Radiated emissions from cables
- Coupling through shields
- EMI cross-talk between cables
- Current return network optimization
- Coupling from static discharges
- Cable signal integrity
- Lightning coupling to equipment interfaces
- HIRF fields and cable coupling
- Thin material algorithm with Magnetic Materials
- Frequency-dependent material properties
- FDTD sub-grid modeling
- FDTD with solid bodies
Ansys EMC Plus’ FDTD approach is the only EM tool capable of capturing the detail of highly complex platforms such as entire aerospace, automotive, ship or energy systems down to individual electronics interfaces in a computationally accessible manner.
Fill out the form below to receive the whitepaper “Building a Virtual Electromagnetic Test Environment for Aerospace and Automotive Platforms”
EMA3D® Cable (now Ansys EMC Plus) 2022 R2 Release Updates:
Feature Updates Details:
- The user interface for EMA3D® has been upgraded to Ansys Discovery. This integration benefits design engineers that are required to design for electromagnetic compatibility and allows them to use simulation early in product development.
- With the introduction of Nexxim Transient Circuit Component Model Import, Electronics design teams can import component models from common formats to include in the transient circuit co-simulation.
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) engineers now can compare full device or full vehicle performance against standard EMC metrics with the new EMC Limit Curve Comparison capability. This feature allows for the rapid specification of limit curves to quickly see how the simulation results compare to the requirements.
- EMA3D® API features for running EMA3D® using third-party tool such as Ansys OptiSLang
- New Connector-Style Terminations allows for rapid specification of connectors using multiconductor transmission line theory
- Updates to automatic mesh deconfliction for cables in 3D
- Nexxim in 3D
- Nexxim GUI standalone simulations
- Nexxim independent sources
- Nexxim probes
EMA3D® Cable (now Ansys EMC Plus) 2022 R1 Release Updates:
Feature Updates Details:
- EMA3D® Cable and Nexxim transient circuit co-simulation ability allows engineers to simulate the complexity of devices and platforms down to the circuit level and reduce the time to simulate by >10x.
- New material property and cable libraries accelerate the process of making and sharing complex full vehicle models benefitting the customers in automotive and aerospace industry.
- Expanded cable harness connectivity features allow EMC, E3, and RF Engineers to model true real-world scenarios while designing cables for automotive, aerospace and device manufacturing with ease, more accuracy, and lesser time.
- Performance optimizations to the Mesh Inspect tool to speed up the rendering time on large models
- Added support for using additional ASCII file formats (.nf1) for Near Field Sources
- Linux EMA3D® Cable Solver bundled with the installation
- Added pop-up GUIs and Ribbon buttons for the Copy Cross Section & Visualize Cross Section Tools
- Added support for EMA3D® Cable Switches
- Added a search bar at the top of the Simulation tree which can be used to filter what items are visible, as well as numerous user interface enhancements
- Updates to meshing engine to support arbitrary radius cable deconfliction
- New thin wire structures in 3D
- New tool to define 3D voltage sources