EMA Introduces EMA3D 2021 R1
EMA3D® 2021 R1
The most anticipated EMA3D Cable Updates:
- HFSS Field Link: Ability to Use HFSS Near Fields as Source.
- Import of Harness Description List (KBL) Files.
- The import routine in EMA3D Cable reads the data available in the KBL files, automatically creates the harness path, and associates the correct cross-section.
- KBL can be exported by cable harness design tools, such as Zuken E3. series.
- EMA3D 2021 R1 has a workflow that supports cable geometry from CAD or exported within the KBL file.
- Export S-Parameter Models.
- EMA3D Cable now extracts the S-parameter matrix of the entire model and generates a Touchstone file that can be used in any system/circuit simulator.
- EMA3D® provides an option for fast extraction considering only the transmission line solver.
- Signal integrity and cross-talk effects may be analyzed easily in users’ familiar circuit simulation tools.
Highlights of EMA3D 2021 R1
- HFSS field link: ability to use HFSS near fields as source
- Import of Harness Description List (KBL) files
- Export S-parameter models
- Cable groups and custom twisting
- Boundary condition to support Seams/Joints/Gaps
- Analytical calculation of transfer impedance
- Added support for voltage differential probes and sources
- New junction and node tool
- Support for Pigtail connections
- Added surface bulk probes
- Improved mesh inspection and view tools