EMC Plus and Charge Plus Quick Start Page
This page contains quick start information for EMC Plus and Charge Plus. These products are available exclusively from Ansys, Inc.
The products have major releases every six months. The major release installation download of the products is available from the Ansys Customer Portal. Both Ansys EMC Plus and Ansys Charge Plus install from the same executable.
Patch Update Installers
EMA issues update patches for the products between major releases. The 2023 R2.0 version must be uninstalled before installing 2023 R2.2. If users want to install subsequent quick patches, they must have 2023 R2.2 installed first.
2023 R2.2 Update Download: Ansys_EMC_Plus_Ansys_Charge_Plus_2023R2.2.zip
Note, users should uninstall Ansys EMC Plus and Ansys Discovery before installing this update. It includes the Ansys Discovery 2023 R2 Service Pack 1, which is the reason the uninstallation is recommended.
EMC Plus 2023 R2 Linux Installer
There is a solver-only (no graphical interface) version of EMC Plus’s and Charge Plus’s FDTD solver available here: EMC_PLUS_Charge_Plus_2023R2_FDTD_Linux_solver_v7_5_11.tgz
The quick start presentation is below.
Check which version of EMC Plus or Charge Plus is installed
Check which version you have installed by navigating to the main Discovery settings menu, navigating to Add-Ins, and looking under “Description”
How to Access Support for EMC Plus and Charge Plus
Check with the Ansys Support Coordinator (ASC) at your company to identify who provides support for your location. Most likely it will be provided by Ansys directly. Regional contact options are listed here.
If supported via Ansys directly, submit a support request via the Ansys Customer Portal: support.ansys.com. If supported by an Ansys Channel Partner contact your channel partner directly.
Useful Tips: When inquiring about support, have your Ansys customer number ready in advance (learn how to retrieve your customer number here). Many useful training and instruction resources are available via the Knowledge Resource Search, found on the home page of the Ansys Customer Portal or via the Ansys Resource Center.
Summary of Fixes
2023 R2.1 and 2023 R2.2
- EMA3DA-647 Fixed issue with non-linear plasma source is not written out correctly in charge.call
- EMA3DA-791 CABLE – Fixed issue with artifacts when visualizing far field pattern probe
- EMA3DA-792 Charge – Fixed issue with Ionization Rates not exporting correctly
- EMA3DA-794 Charge Fixed issue withcharge.energyloss.rates not being exported
- EMA3DA-796 Charge – Fixed issue with Charge Reaction Rates incorrect export
- EMA3DA-797 Charge – Fixed issue with sources export bug
- EMA3DA-798 Charge – Fixed issue with fluid mass and charge not being added to charge.call (xz8fluid.mats)
- EMA3DA-799 Charge – Fixed issue with running simulations from files
- EMA3DA-801 GENERAL – Fixed issue with animation probe legacy save button is not saving GIF
- EMA3DA-803 EMC – Fixed issue with Custom Junction Tool Being Broken in 2023R2
- EMA3DA-808 Licensing – Fixed issue with HPC Pack checkout
- EMA3DA-810 Charge – Fixed issue with fluid initial conditions aren’t exported correctly
- EMA3DA-813 Charge – Fixed issue with Deleted Object Error with Charge Environments
- EMA3DA-816 Charge – Fixed issue with fluid materials being associated to materials, and not bodies
- EMA3DA-724 CABLE – Fixed issue with Nexxim Issue Simulating Capacitors
- EMA3DA-764 CABLE – Fixed issue with SBC voltage source not being written to EMIN when you have a termination and a source on the same node
- EMA3DA-766 Fixed error thrown when moving geometry between components in the structure tree
- EMA3DA-780 CABLE – Fixed issue with S-Parameter files are not being written correctly for thin wire (antenna) source
- EMA3DA-789 Artemis Meshing – Fixed issue with new meshes not being displayed.
- EMA3DA-790 Charge – Fixed issue with default plasma environments missing actual values
- EMA3DA-807 Fixed issue with select point option in conductor tool gone after making seam/joint.
- EMA3DA-812 Charge – Fixed issue with vector boundary condition not exporting correctly.
- EMA3DA-817 CABLE – Modified thin wire probe location for better S-parameters simulation
- EMA3DA-820 Fixed issue with wverbraid resistance value in UI and Inp file not matching
- EMA3DA-827 CABLE – Fixed issue with creating thin wire source from a new file that gave an S-paramater error
- EMA3DA-831 Fixed issue with version number tracking in MS Application properties
- EMA3DA-833 Fixed issue with Surface Charging Model not Exporting from an Error when Pressing Start and Mesh Not Connected in Previous Version
- EMA3DA-836 Implement Numerical Improvement to Nexxim Current Calculation
- EMA3DA-837 Fixed issue with Nexxim Filename Parsed Incorrectly In Fortran
- EMA3DA-840 CHARGE – Fixed issue with fluid bodies and electron properties written incorrectly
- EMA3DA-842 Fixed issue with Plot Window being too large on an AWS RDP session
- EMA3DA-843 Charge – Fixed issue with chassis number indexing off
- EMA3DA-844 Fixed issue with MeshElementValidity being saved fields causing serialization error